Taste Showdown# 1 - Tabasco Sauce vs Hot Sauce







Which sauce would win in a “12-round bout” cooking competition?  Now, I know that I’m about to step on several toes so I’m getting my “steel toe” shoes ready for this sauce showdown. 

What is the deal with McIlhenny’s Tabasco sauce?  Well, my palate picks up more vinegar in tabasco sauce than in other hot sauces that I’ve tried before.  Now, I do enjoy vinegar on certain cold vegetables and of course I like seasoned vinegar in pickled veggies such as okra or olive-gardinera mix.  

I have nothing personal against the McIlhenny brand and I’m always very surprised at the influence and availability of this brand in grocery stores and restaurants across the U.S. and the world.   A few years ago, I found out that this Louisiana company has supplied the U.S. Army over the last 70 years with mini bottles of its tabasco sauce for the branch’s MREs (meals ready to eat). 

When I eat other hot sauces such as Crystal Hot Sauce or Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce, I taste more pepper than vinegar.  I am looking for the KICK in a hot sauce to add to my beans, greens, fish, shrimp or chicken.  

RESULT:
In this showdown, I’m picking Hot Sauce as the winner! 

If you had to pick, which would you choose - McIlhenny’s Tabasco Sauce or hot sauce? Leave a comment on social media and I’ll share the poll results in the near future!


Published by Adina Collins, 2019



Follow Dina’s Creole Table on InstagramPinterest & Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste Showdown #2 – Tony Chachere’s vs Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning

Taste Showdown #3 - Louisiana Brand vs Zatarain's Fish Fry

Taste Showdown #4 - Manda vs DD Smoked Sausage